PostHeaderIcon History of the IA

PostHeaderIcon A Message from Pres. M. Loeb



PostHeaderIcon Our History - Closing the 20th Century

Article Index
Our History
Our Resume By Years
The Early Years
Closing the 20th Century
Current Status
Who We Work With
All Pages

 

 

 

 

In 1972 - Assisted in the repair or clean up of local theatres after the flood.

In 1974 – Acted as the mainstay during the initial renovation and eventual birth of the Clemens Center.

In 1976 – A contract is signed between Local 289 and Samuel Clemens Center that states it is the responsibility of Local 289 to provide the necessary professional people to work backstage in the execution of load IN'S, performances, and load OUT'S.

In 1978 - Worked closely with the Syracuse Stage Company on the installation of the counter weight system at CPAC.

By 1980 - Increased our membership by 40%.

In 1989 - The Corning IA local merges with Local 289 and the city of Corning is included as part of our jurisdiction.

 

 

 

 

 



 

IATSE LOCAL 289
P.O. BOX 1147
ELMIRA, NY 14902
(607) 733-7159